Wednesday, August 5, 2015

Seattle: Part 2

Hello y'all,

Took the Burk Gilman Trail down to the Hiram M. Crittenden Locks that control the flow of water to the Puget Sound and got to see how the operation works which was very cool, and efficient! Surrounding the locks is the Carl S. English Botanical Gardens which I love me some gardens, was very quaint. Took the bridge over the lock to see the parks on the opposite side which included Discovery Park, Magnolia Center, and Fort Lawson. The Discovery Park provided a perfect skyline photo which I'm sure many of you have seen if you've seen a picture of Seattle and Fort Lawson is an abondoned military housing station which seemed very eery in the middle of all that! After that I made my way down to the Gas Works Park which is pictured, where I relaxed for a while on a hillside overlooking Seattle. Gas Works was my favorite stop of the day. On the way back to Brad's I stopped at Magnunsun Park which turned out to be amazing as I caught the #PianoInThePark for the second straight day! A man plays in a discreet park location in front of the water it was very serene. Brad cooked dinner tonight I'm excited, time to go! 
-J

No comments:

Post a Comment