Monday, August 31, 2015

McGrath- An act of kindness

Got so lucky last night! Showed up to McGrath state park at sunset to find that the entire area had been closed for over a year! Luckily an employee of the park was coming in for his shift, he was dressed in street clothes so I was a little sketched out but he called the park host and let me in! I was relieved to meet Shawn and Geneva the park hosts, incredibly welcoming and kind, I got a free shower and we talked for a while about this and that. It's great to know there are still nice people out there that care about other people, and nice to see it first hand. Had they not let me stay I would of had to ride 20 miles to the next park in the dark! I feel blessed today. Thanks Shawn and Geneva, and Mel. 

Pictures from the morning at Refugio. 

2 comments:

  1. You are blessed everyday with love and prayers. Be very careful on your final leg. Love pa

    ReplyDelete
  2. You must be getting real close, such a special journey.

    ReplyDelete