Monday, August 24, 2015

San Francisco, alas!

It's been a few days since I've posted because service is shotty in Northern California! The last few days have been so beautiful! I'm now following route 1 and the hills wind up and down the cliff sides just like you'd see in the car commercials! It's tough, and grueling and a bit frustrating at times but there is always the ride down, and the view from the top which makes it all worth it! Yesterday climbing a mountain I almost gave up because I skipped lunch and was depleted but a cyclist came along and gave me a granola and I was saved! San Francisco is so beautiful and coming over the Golden Gate near sunset was absolutely stunning, I'll post a picture so you can see for yourself! It's starting to feel weird, like a brand new trip because almost all the people I have been riding with and meeting are finishing in SF, but I continue on to San Diego! So it's also exciting to know I'll be meeting a whole new crew in the southern part of California, another adventure. Although I am sad to see my friend Willi go, because he can always make me laugh and his smile lights up a room, what a nice soul, he's pictures below. Also, a campground named standish hicki had the most unbelievable swimming hole when I saw it I immediately said "I'm staying another day", I love having the freedom to do this! Oh and I met two nice girls from Seattle, Hillary and Bri I did not forget y'all! Nice girls out on a one day trip, that seemed to be happy and have life figured out. 


2 comments:

  1. What an adventure!! The pics are awesome!! I'm excited for you and love reading the blogs. Oxox

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that your meeting such interesting people along the way ! Love mom

    ReplyDelete