Friday, September 11, 2015

Time to Fly

Well, as the sun sets on California one last time for me on this trip I can't help but feel bittersweet. Happy to be headed home to all those dear friends and family who supported me, but sad that an incredible life changing journey must come to an end. Although they say everything comes to an end, and what comes up must come down.. I can say that California, Washington, Oregon, PCH... I'll be back! So many nice people I have encountered, that have helped me survive and thrive out here in this beautiful wilderness. Friendships that I've made that I will never forget, and memories that will last a lifetime. I would like to take this time to mention all the kind people that shared their time with me: 
Rose
Pete
Willi 
Marine
Xabi 
Julia
Tony and Christina
Ryan
Kris 
Vern
David
Mima
Louis
Jared
Robert and Shira
Annie
The Belgians!
Brooke and Cam
Max
Sean and Geneva and Mel
Adam
John from Good Candle BK
Sam
My apologies to anyone I've left out of this list, it's emotional to make. You've all made a lasting impact on my life, some more than others but none any less valued than the next. I'd also like to thank Brady , Bianca, Kate, Alex and Danielle, and The Mohrs for opening your homes to me when I needed them most. You all are kind, and never forgotten or unappreciated I'll remember you always. 

Sometimes in life you have to take a leap of faith, buy a one way ticket, go on an adventure that you aren't sure where it will lead. I've heard this in poems, books, from teachers and many more and I can say now from experience that it is beyond true. I value the memories and experiences I've had this past few weeks more than any amount of money, or material object. I encourage everyone to spend your money on experience, and adventure rather than objects. Take a chance, follow your wildest dreams no matter how bizarre they may be, or how many people tell you it can't be done. No matter how it turns out, the fulfilling feeling that you have inside knowing that at least you tried is greater than any treasure. And when you reach the peak of the mountain you set out to climb, and you look back at what you've done, you smile and realize anything is possible, and that the world is your playground. 



3 comments:

  1. Mission Accomplished! Congratulations...you have incredible memories that will last a lifetime!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nothing to add. Just exactly True. Reading this brought me back on the road. Thank you. And Just keep to be and do the same ! Hugs !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing Justin!! You are awesome!! This experience and lessons learned will be valuable in life!! I'm glad you had the opportunity to challenge yourself and accomplish something that was a dream come true!! I am proud of you!! Love and hugs. Aunt Jodi oxox

    ReplyDelete